Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I'm not dying in 2019 ...


I don't know about you, but 2018 has been quite a challenging year for me. Honestly, I felt as though I could not push through or move forward. It appeared that my long awaited dreams/visions were not taking flight as I had initially hoped. In many ways, I felt STUCK.

Have you ever felt stuck? Like you couldn't move forward? The Apostle Paul in the book of Philippians lets us know that we have to "press toward the mark for the prize ..." (Phil 3:14).
In recent weeks, however, I have felt at peace with my life so far and inspired by what the future holds.

As 2018 comes to a close (just 27 days away) I want to encourage you that no matter what you've faced all year long - whether it be disappointment, defeat, a loss of a loved one, sickness, etc., 2019 is a chance for a fresh new start.

Many theologians and scholars say the no. 19 - which combines the numbers 10 (God's order and commandments) and nine (fruitfulness) is a divine number. When I think about "fruitfulness," I think about harvest (abundance) and the fruits of the spirit, which are highlighted in the book of Galatians Chapter 5: "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience (longsuffering), gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self control (verses 22-23). Even in the midst of personal challenges, I believe the Lord has allowed me to develop "his fruit" in full maturity this year.

I can definitely see that I have more "love" (even toward my enemies); more patience (especially in uncomfortable situations); and peace (that is really beyond my human understanding).

Life may throw lemons at you or cause you to question your existence. With the passing of every year, be assured that the New Year offers a better and brighter future, filled with opportunities!

No matter what you have experienced this year, do not give up or lose hope! Two-thousand and Nineteen offers a chance for you to be fruitful (Leviticus 26:9) and to experience the harvest of the seeds you have planted. Let 2019 be the year that longings/desires are fulfilled (Proverbs 13:12)!

Don't look back at what could've, would've or should've happened, but stay the course and be open to a better tomorrow!

In 2019, it is time to FLY! It is time to MOVE FORWARD! It is time to ADVANCE!
Happy New Year!

Are you ready to move forward into your abundant life -- filled with joy, peace, and opportunities? Click here to learn more!

#BookLovers #Self-Help #InspirationalBooks #Devotional #MotivationalWords #ChangeYourLife



No comments:

Post a Comment